UK Diploma in OT Technician Two Years Course in Rawalpindi
UK Diploma in OT Technician Two Years Course
Operation theater technician are responsible for various pre-, intra- and post-surgery duties within a hospital. They transport patients, preparing operating room for surgery, set up, check, connect and adjust surgical equipment, technical assistance to surgeons.
What is OT Technician?
An operation theatre technician is an allied healthcare professional. They are trained to assist Doctors or Surgeons during surgery. Operation theatre technology course is a job-oriented paramedical course. During an operation, various equipment, anesthesia and instruments are involved. An operation theatre technician is trained to handle different equipment, arrange surgical instruments, provide an adequate dose of anesthesia and assist the Doctor or Surgeon performing the surgery.
Roles and Responsibilities of Operation Theatre Technicians:
- Ensure working of OT equipment like anesthesia machine, Heart-lung machine and ventilator equipment
- Maintenance of operation theatre records
- Conduct regular physical verification of all the OT equipment
- Ensure that a proper and regular supply of oxygen and suction is maintained all the time
- Responsible for fumigation of OT’s and their documentation
- Ensure working of centralized oxygen piping
- Maintenance of OT temperature and humidity as per the protocols
- Scavenging system for removal of anesthetic gases
- To verify the functioning of the anesthesia machine and breathing system
- Checking and confirming all instruments and medicines are in stock and loaded on the trolley for the surgery
- Assists in the patient transfer or shifting from stretcher to the table and also sometimes to and fro from OT to hospital room
- Handling the C-ARM Machines during the surgery
- Assisting the surgeon during the surgical procedure
- Patient monitoring during pre-operative and Post-operative phase
- Assisting the anesthesiologist in providing drugs, IV fluids, blood transfusion, and preparing drugs.
- Hospital based jobs in OT
- Jobs in ICU's
- Private clinics with surgeons
- Post operation rooms
- Instruments and equipment assistant
Minimum Qualification: Matric with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) – 2nd Division (unadjusted) and combined total of science subjects not less than 45%.
- General Human Anatomy
- Introduction to Anesthesia
- Pathology and Microbiology
- Introduction to Operation Theatre
- General Human Physiology
- Bio Chemistry
- Principles of Surgery and Its Practice
- Operation Theatre Responsibilities
- General Surgical Procedures
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Medicine and Blood Transfusion
- Medical Ethics & Handling of Patients
- Pre & Post-Op Patient Care
- Monitoring & Uses of Surgical Instruments
- Universal Safety Precautions & Procedures
- Types of Medications and Premedication
Operation Theatre Technician Skills:
- Good communication and behavioral skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team.
- Punctilious, eye for detail, and critical thinking.
- Compassion towards patients.
- Strength and endurance to sustain in unpredictable shifts.
- Attentive and courageous to deal with not so pleasant cases in emergencies.
- Online (Zoom, Skype other Online Sources)
- Distance Learning
Mode of Exam:
- Assessment Based
- Practical Experience
For Detailed information:
For Registration and Admission:
UK Diploma in OT Technician Two Years Course in Rawalpindi 0 reviewsLogin to Write Your Review
There are no reviews yet.